Share this position
- LocationVarious Locations
- Career AreaWalmart Store Jobs
- Job FunctionWalmart Store Jobs
- Employment TypeFull & Part Time
- Position TypeHourly
What you'll do at
You'll find that being a sales associate will keep you moving. It's up to you to keep your aisles neat and clean, work with multiple supervisors and fellow associates, stock shelves, and answer tricky questions -- you may even have to pitch in to help check out customers. The more you know about the store, the more successful you'll be.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Walk up to 5 miles each day while fulfilling online customer orders
- Review customer orders, locate and select merchandise on the salesfloor
- Ensure customer orders are filled accurately
- Smile, greet, and thank customers with a positive attitude
- Dispense customer orders quickly and accurately in varying weather conditions
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including (k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Walmart Sales Associates give customers a pleasant experience in the store. Image source: cnafinance.com
Walmart Sales Associate Job Description Example
What Does a Walmart Sales Associate Do?
At Walmart, the sales associate is someone charged with the responsibility of welcoming customers and helping them with locating merchandize within the store.
The merchandize is arranged based on categories, which is well understood by the sales associate.
The job description of the sales associate entails helping customers to check price of items, and properly arranging products in shelves by categorizing them to make for easy access and display.
The sales associate depicts the seriousness of the Walmart management in giving the customer the best shopping experience.
Walmart needs sale associates and a sizable number of them to improve on the customer service and help make the accessories of the Walmart store easily accessible.
The sales associate’s role also involves helping customers to locate the product category they desire and to make a good choice in selecting the products that meet their need.
He/she interfaces with customers daily and performs a lot of tasks which include answering questions regarding the store products, services, and policies.
Due to their closeness to products and shelves, sales associates at Walmart take responsibility for restocking the shelves when they are out of products and pass the information for the need to restock to the appropriate department when they cannot do it themselves.
Walmart sales associates’ work descriptions also include helping customers to check products prices, moving products to cashier’s department and also to the customer’s vehicle.
His/her duties also include returning carts to the frontend of the store after use to ensure they are available for use by other customers.
It is expected of the associate to be apprised with updates on items within the Walmart; updates on type of merchandize, uses, price, product category, product instructions, and arrangement of products. This is to enable the associate to be able to answer customers’ inquiries and give them quality service.
It is expected of the sales associate to go round the store periodically, introducing him or herself and finding out from customers if they needed any assistance with locating items, and following through to offering help.
It is the responsibility of the sales associate to make customers feel comfortable. To do this effectively, he/she should be one who is not easily offended, but has the ability to forgive customers’ sometimes annoying attitude.
The associate must also be able to multitask.
In summary, the ideal person for this role at Walmart must be friendly, accommodating, and have a positive demeanor and a good written and oral communication skills.
Walmart Sales Associate Job Description Example
Sales associates perform various duties, tasks, and responsibilities geared towards increasing sales for their stores.
To work at Walmart as a sales associate, here is an example of the kind of job description you will be expected to work with:
- Make provision for a quality customer service delivery
- Give prompt response to the calls of customers
- Provide understanding of the nature of the store
- Provide effective help to customers when needed
- Operate cash register when the urgency arises
- Take appropriate procedures in attending to claims of customers
- Apprised with product updates and products information so as to offer good response to customers’ questions
- Handle proper labeling and pricing of merchandize
- Ensure the store is clean
- Ensure displaced products are returned to the right department and shelf
- Adhere to the rules and regulations on safety
- Safeguard all displays and merchandize
- Fill back stocks from the store or warehouse when the shelves are out of stock
- Make customers feel appreciated and valued
- Abreast with safety and security measures of keeping the store safe
- Ensure proper sanitation of the work environment
- Offer assistance to customers in locating products of their choice
- Understand the nature and the importance of each product to explain its use to customers
- Take part in routine meetings of staffs
- Offer assistance with unloading of merchandize and uploading of stocks.
Requirements Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – for Walmart Sales Associate Job
To be effective as a sales associate at Walmart, the following skills, and other qualities are important to have. They are also the major attributes Walmart look for when screening applicants for the position:
- Good human relation skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to keep work place environment neat
- Smart, modest and attractive dressing style
- Good work ethics
- Ability to do simple calculations
- Good listening ability
- Ability to multi task without losing concentration
- Ability to set products according to seasons and demands
- Pre-employment tests: You may be expected to take a test to be hired for this role at Walmart. Find out job assessment tests that you may be required to take and how to make top scores in them.
- Home Depot Sales Associate Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Home Depot Order Fulfillment Associate Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Home Depot Lumber Associate Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Home Depot Garden Associate Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Home Depot Department Supervisor Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Kroger Pharmacy Technician Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Kroger Grocery Clerk Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Kroger E-commerce Clerk Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Kroger Deli Clerk Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Home Depot Cashier Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Walgreens Pharmacist Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Walgreens Designated Hitter Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
Job Description Examples
dutiesresponsibilitiestasksWalmart sales associateWalmart sales associate job descriptionWalmart sales associate job description exampleWalmart sales associate job description sampleWalmart sales associate roleWalmart sales associate skillsWalmart sales associate work descriptionwhat does a Walmart sales associate doSours: https://jobdescriptionandresumeexamples.com/walmart-sales-associate-job-description-example/
- Dcfs louisiana employees only
- Discord avatar template
- Airbnb detroit lakes
- Elementary schools galveston tx
Whenever you apply for a job position like Walmart, you should know the Job’s description (Walmart job description) to tailor your resume/CV to suit the requirement. As you already know, a good resume will offer you the chance to get hired for the job. Apart from preparing/tailoring your resume to suit the position you are applying for in Walmart, knowing a Walmart Job description will also help you out during your interview. An outstanding performance at the interview equals an 80% chance of getting hired.
Knowing the job description of a position you’re applying for will also equip you with the knowledge about the skills, educational requirements, and qualifications that the hiring manager is looking forward to. It will also help you to know if you are a good fit for the position.
So, without further ado, let’s get started. In this article, you’ll be reading about Walmart Job Description For Different Roles:
- Cashier Job
- Sales Associate
Walmart Job Description For Cashier Job
Do you like being around money, counting money, or do you probably prefer handling money over every other thing? Or if you prefer relating and interacting with customers, then this role is for you. Being a cashier at Walmart, one of the largest shopping stores/malls, demands excellent communication skills and know-how to interact with customers. You play a significant role in either making the customers feel at ease or feel terrible. The way you attend to the customers will either encouraged them or discourage them. A cashier is responsible for attending to customers, scanning their goods, and getting their payment; that is why you must often smile at each customer no matter the problem you’re going through or how stressful you are. Working as a Walmart cashier can be very stressful, especially during holidays, festivities such as Christmas, Halloween, and new year celebrations. But no matter how hard and stressed the job is, you must not take it out on the customers. You must interact with every one of them in a friendly, professional manner.
The Duties and Responsibilities of A Walmart Cashier.
- Attend to all customers in a friendly, professional manner with a smile on your face.
- Smile, welcome, thank, and bid every customer goodbye as they leave the mart.
- Answer every customer’s questions as polite and straightforward as possible and help/assist them with their shopping needs.
- Pay attention to every customer and assess them; be security conscious.
- Scan every item, explain a price, pack things appropriately, count cash back, and take payments.
Educational qualification and Experience
There’s no specific educational requirement for being a Walmart Cashier. Still, it is expected that you have at least a high school diploma or bachelor’s degree in a relative field such as accounting, hospitality, management, etc. Cashier and retail experience is a plus but not necessarily required.
Required Skills, Knowledge, And Ability.
- Excellent practical written and verbal communication skills.
- Teamwork and leadership skills
- Organizational and Time management skills.
- Ability to make decisions faster.
- Ability to use your initiative and take charge of a situation.
- Ability to be thorough, observant, and pay attention to details.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations, be sensitive, and understanding.
- Knowledge about people management.
Walmart cashier salary
According to Payscale, the average pay for a Walmart cashier is $ per hour. Pay is higher based on the experience and they get additional benefits provided by Walmart
Walmart Sales Associate Job Description
Working as a sales associate is a major role that allows you to relate with the customers daily and help out with their shopping. As a sales associate, you will help customers figure out what they want, tell them the usefulness and sometimes the price of such goods.
The way you attend and relate with each customer will either make or mar their day. Some customers will criticize you and accuse you, but you always have to stay calm, friendly, and professional.
As a sales associate, it is necessary to have vast knowledge about each good and product in the store and update items within Walmart. You must also know the type of merchandise, the uses and function of each product, price, product category, product instructions, and arrangement of products.
It is also expected that you go round the store constantly, checking up on the customers, introducing yourself, and lending a hand to the customers if they require any assistance with locating items.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Sales Associate.
- A sales associate provides the customers with proper understanding and detailed information about the store and its arrangement.
- He or She assist, attend to, and help the customers when needed.
- A sales associate is apprised with product updates and information to offer good responses to customers’ questions.
- He or She handles proper labeling and pricing of goods and products in the mart.
- They Ensure the store is dirt free, harm-free, healthy, and conducive.
- A sales associate is in charge of ensuring returning all displaced products in the right depart and shelf.
- He or She adheres strictly to the rules and regulations on customer relationship management and safety measures.
- A sales associate fills back stocks from the store or when the shelves are out of stock.
- He or she is responsible for making customers feel comfortable, appreciated, and valued.
Educational qualification and Experience
A high school diploma or bachelor’s degree in the relevant field. A working experience in retail or as an attendant or sales personnel.
Skills, Ability, and Knowledge required.
- Good interpersonal and human relation/management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to relate well, engage and interact with people.
- Good work ethics
- Ability to do simple arithmetics.
- Good listening ability.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
Walmart Sales Associate Pay
According to Walmart corporate, the average total compensation and benefits for Walmart sales associates for hourly exceeds $
How to get a job at Walmart
If you have decided to get a job at Walmart and you don’t know where to start from, follow these procedures.
- Possess the required skills, abilities, educational qualifications, and experience.
- Apply for the post you want and complete the online application form.
- Prepare adequately for the interview and appear in a beat, cultural and professional way.
- Follow up on your interview a week after if you haven’t heard anything from the hiring manager.
Wishing you all the best in your job hunt.
Also read What Age does Walmart Hire?
Sales Associate Walmart jobs
Upload your resume - Let employers find you
Sort by: relevance - date
Page 1 of jobs
Sales Associate Hiring Event
newCashier/Sales Associate Hiring Event
newCashier/Sales Associate, Stockers, Customer Host
Wal-Mart Sales Associate
Overnight Stocker/Sales Associate
Walmart Supercenter #
newCashier & Front End Team Associate (Store # - Bushnell, F
Be the first to see new Sales Associate Walmart jobs
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can change your consent settings at any time by unsubscribing or as detailed in our terms.
Description walmart sales associate
Walmart Job Descriptions
We can all agree if you can find out what skills and required experience are in the Walmart Job Descriptions then you can better tailor your resume with the right skills and experience and improve your chances of getting the interview.
Knowing what skills and experience are required will also help you during the interview as you will be able to tell the hiring manager exactly what they want to hear.
Here you can find Walmart Job Descriptions for sales associate, cashier, overnight stocker, cart attendant, and department manager.
Walmart Job Descriptions for Various Roles
Walmart Sales Associate Job Description
Do you enjoy helping customers figure out and find what they need? From every day needs to special occasions, customers need you to take them to that special product. As a sales associate in Apparel, Entertainment, Toys, Sporting Goods or any one of our dozens of departments you have the opportunity to make someones day better.
Youll find that being a sales associate will keep you moving. Its up to you to keep your aisles neat and clean, work with multiple supervisors and fellow associates, stock shelves, and answer tricky questions you may even have to pitch in to help check out customers. The more you know about the store, the more successful youll be.
Walmart Sales Associate Duties
- Acknowledge and greet customers with a smile (skill required: communication skills)
- Answer customer questions (skill required: good listening skills)
- Help customers find the products they are looking for (skills required: listening and communication)
- Assist fellow associates as needed throughout the store (skills required: teamwork)
- Keep your area stocked, clean, and safe (skill required: attention to detail)
Skills required: communication, listening, teamwork, and attention to detail.
Experience: Customer Service or retail (preferred but not required)
Walmart Cashier Job Description
As a cashier at Walmart, you are more than just an item scanner. You play a major role in how our customers feel when they leave the store. You might be the first, last, and sometimes only associate that customers interact with. Thats why its so important to smile, greet, and thank each and every customer.
The pace can be intense, especially in the evenings, on weekends, and during a holiday season. There are times when you have to juggle several tasks in a short amount of time while helping customers: scan items, explain a price, bag items properly, count cash back, and keep your area clean—you get the idea!
Thankfully, our cashiers find the end result rewarding. Youre part of a large team with a common goal: happy, satisfied customers.
Walmart Cashier Duties
- Smile, greet and thank customers with a positive attitude (skill required: communication skills)
- Stand for long periods of time while checking out customers quickly and accurately (skill required: physically fit)
- Keep your area clean and presentable (skill required: attention to detail)
- Answer customer questions and help them with their needs (skill required: communication skills)
- Be available to assist associates across the store as needed (skill required: team player)
Skills required: communication skills, physically fit, attention to detail, communication skills, and a team player.
Experience required: Cashier and retail experience (nice to have but not necessary)
Walmart Overnight Stocker
Stocking, back room, & receiving associates work to ensure customers can find all of the items they have on their shopping list. Depending on the shift you work, your job could include moving inventory in the back room, unloading trucks, or helping customers while stocking shelves. From hot trucks in the summer to filling ice cream in the freezer, this fast paced job can be physically demanding — its like being paid to go the gym!
Walmart Overnight Stocker Job Duties
- Unload trucks (skill required: physically fit)
- Sort products in the backroom (skill required: attention to detail)
- Stock products on shelves (skill required: organization skills)
- Ensure aisles are neat and area is clean (skill required: attention to detail)
- Engage vendors and drivers with a positive attitude (skill required: communication skills)
- Greet customers and answer their questions (skill required: listening skills)
Skills required: physically fit, attention to detail, organizational, communication, and listening skills.
Experience required: Retail/warehouse (nice to have but not necessary)
Walmart Cart Attendant Job Description
We are looking for people who take pride in their work to join our team. You help shape a customers entire shopping experience by giving them a positive first and last impression.
In this dual role, you are responsible for ensuring customers see a well-kept parking lot, clean restrooms, and clean floors. This means you are constantly on your feet and on the go. Rain or shine, sleet or snow, our customers count on you.
Walmart Cart Attendant Duties:
- Ensure customers have a great first and last impression. (skill required: communication skills)
- Gather carts from the parking lot
- Operate equipment to move carts from the parking lot to inside the store
- Clean restrooms, sales floor, and parking lot as needed (skill required: attention to detail)
- Have a positive attitude in all weather conditions
Skills required: attention to detail and communication skills.
Experience required: Janitorial or retail (nice to have but not necessary).
Walmart Department Manager Job Description
Are you looking for a job that offers more responsibility, more pay, and more opportunity? As an hourly supervisor, you are responsible for an entire area of the store. Sales associates in your area will look to you for leadership, direction, training, and support. You are accountable for merchandise availability, department standards, and financial performance of your area.
But youre not in it alone. Youll have the full support of your fellow department managers, assistant managers, and store manager. Plus, we offer additional specialized training through local Walmart Academies to teach you everything from leadership skills to running your department.
Walmart Department Manager Duties
- Ensure customer satisfaction by greeting and answering their questions (skill required: communication skills)
- Tour your department to ensure it meets our customers expectations (skill required: attention to detail)
- Work hand-in-hand with sales associates to get the job done (skill required: team player)
- Prepare and plan for upcoming events that will impact your department (skillrequired: organizational skills)
- Ability to communicate, take direction at all levels, and turn it into action (skill required: communication skills)
- Use basic math skills to maintain accurate inventory levels (skill required: attention to detail)
Skill Required: communication, attention to detail, team player, leadership, coaching, and organizational.
Experience Required: Management and Retail.
Was here does. And why did she go to him. Tis is asleep, and even if she had not slept, she still would not have been able to talk to him. Other males are afraid to talk to her, because of her cruelty and strength.
- Asus rog strix nvidia
- Dodge charger 2020 wallpaper
- Y 9x 14
- Outlander episodes list
- Orangeburg county foreclosure list
- Sbc harmonic balancer puller
- Ice daddy water filter
- Best ps5 rpg
They played quickly and with varying success, then Sashka won, and then Anton Petrovich took off his clothes, then vice versa. As a result, after half an hour, approximately, they remained in only shorts and then Anton Petrovich lost again. And without tightening, calmly pulled them off, sat down on the sofa as if nothing had happened, legs wide apart.
For the first time Sashka saw a naked man so close, where he had only a few hairs shaved, in the.