9Round Fitness Review: The Ultimate Boxing Workout
After hitting up a 9Round Fitness in Cedar Park, Texas, I was left with no doubt: the 30-minute boxing workout is tough and programmatically genius. The combination of heavy bag boxing and kickboxing work, conditioning, and core drills set to a three-minute timer help keep you moving while taxing your system in just 30 minutes. The best part? There's no waiting around for a class to start. You show up whenever you want and dive straight into the day's pre-planned workout developed by the on-site coach.
9Round's Genius Programming
9Round isn't a Tae Bo-style cardio kickboxing workout; rather, it's a serious boxing/kickboxing circuit that incorporates heavy bags, speed bags, gloves, and wrist wraps. Coaches put together daily workouts for members to follow, and the coaches remain on site to instruct you as you go, walking you through the program so there's no wasted time between exercises.
The truly genius part of 9Round is its round-based timing schedule. Similar to a real boxing match, 9Round features nine, three-minute rounds. A new round literally starts every three minutes, so you can show up whenever you want and start your workout at the sound of the next buzzer. There's no need to plan your life around a specific class schedule.
Also, because the rounds are set up in a circuit, you can start at any station and progress through your workout from that point forward. This is nice when the facilities get busy—you don't have to wait for the first station to free up—you can hop in on station five, cycling through to station nine before starting over at station one, continuing your workout until you get through station four, which completes your nine rounds. And don't worry, the coach is on hand to help you figure out where you should jump in.
General Workout Structure
As a franchise, every gym is set up the same way, so regardless of the facility you visit, there shouldn't be any surprises about what to expect. For instance, all nine of the stations are programmed the same way:
- Round 1 and Round 2: Rounds one and two are focused on conditioning work, such as jump rope, jogging, and cardio-based exercises like burpees and mountain climbers.
- Round 3 through Round 8: Rounds three through eight are boxing rounds—you don your wraps and gloves and beat your way through the bulk of the workout.
- Round 9: The ninth and final round is the core strength round. During this round, you perform exercises to strengthen your hips, abs, and low back.
I absolutely loved this workout. In a nutshell, here's why:
- Workouts are planned and delivered by a trainer. There's no guesswork for the participant, and you have someone there to help you master your form during each move.
- Workouts are only 30 minutes long. Who doesn't love a short, effective routine?
- You can show up and start whenever you want. You don't have to wait for a particular class time, so you can always fit a workout into your schedule.
- Workouts are tough, but appropriate for all levels. I'm all about working hard and pushing limits, but workouts need to be scalable for a varied population. 9Round routines are based on time, and are largely focused on bodyweight exercises—this means you can easily adjust the workout by slowing down or speeding up your pace or incorporating modifications to make it appropriate to your fitness level. And if there's ever a concern about a specific exercise, you can ask the trainer to provide you with an alternative.
As with all routines, though, there's no such thing as a perfect workout or a workout that's perfect for all people. Before you sign up, consider the following:
- Possible differences between franchises. The main thing to keep in mind is that 9Round is a franchise, so while the system is developed by corporate headquarters, there may be differences between owners and trainers that could affect your personal experience. It's always a good idea to ask about your trainer's qualifications and certifications before you put your health in his or her hands. You may also want to check the facility for things like cleanliness, overcrowding during busy hours, and the availability and helpfulness of its staff.
- Small facilities and limited hours. 9Round facilities are small and typically managed by only one or two trainers. This means the facility may not be open during times that are most convenient for you. For instance, the facility I attended is open from 5:00 am to 1:00 pm some days, 8:00 am to 1:00 pm other days, then reopens from 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm Monday through Friday. If I were an early morning or late night exerciser, this schedule might not work for me. That said, hours vary from facility-to-facility, so your local gym might be more accommodating.
- Less personal attention when the facility is busy. I was lucky to attend a class at a time when I was the only person in the gym. This meant I had individual, one-on-one instruction from the trainer who gave me pointers and corrections throughout the routine. During peak hours, if two or three participants are exercising at each station, it's unlikely that a single trainer could provide as many individual tips or pointers. If you're familiar with the exercises and already have stellar form, this isn't a problem, but if you're new to the workout it could leave you open to potential injuries. Make sure you communicate with the trainer and ask for extra assistance if you're unsure about what you're doing.
- You may need to warm up on your own. In a perfect world, you could start your 9Round workout at the first station, which would enable you to warm up as you perform the conditioning exercises designed to raise your heart rate and prep you for more intense work. Unfortunately, if the facility's busy, you may need to jump in at station six or seven, diving into the meat of the routine without any true warm-up. If this is the case, you'd probably be better served to spend a few minutes warming up on your own—jogging in place or doing jumping jacks—before you start your first round. This will make your workout take a little longer since you're adding your own workout onto the 30-minute program, but ultimately it makes for a safer, more effective routine.
A Word From Verywell
The only way to find out if a workout program is for you is to head to the studio and give it a try. Luckily, most specialty studios like 9Round offer new participants the chance to try a class for free before signing up. Check with your local studio to take advantage of its free workout offer.
Thanks for your feedback!
9Round Fitness Employee Reviews for Trainer
Energetic environment, confusing management
Trainer (Former Employee) - Charlottesville, VA - September 3, 2021
A typical work day includes general opening and closing procedures, repeating generic company phrases, interacting with each client multiple times, and a lot of movement around the gym with little to no room for break (including restroom breaks). The day is split with a wide enough margin to allow a lunch break at home, but it won't allow you to work anywhere else (typically 5-11, 4-7). It kinda chips across shifts.
I learned that the "kickboxing" themed workout is strenuous, exciting, and improves self-esteem. It's basically a self-defense class set to a HIIT (High intensity interval training) pace.
The management expresses kindness, but they're running a business that pays low and has high expectations.
The hardest part is guessing what the managers want.They refer to the training videos instead of assisting their employees (which doesn't validate their purpose), and they change or don't follow the company's training modules, such as: foot rotations for sidekicks, cue words, etc. One of the managers doesn't even know the difference between an Olympic snatch and a clean & jerk.
The most enjoyable part is the free membership. The membership is overpriced for what it has to offer. You can get a good workout and actually learn real kickboxing or martial arts from experts for the same price without the rules imposed by the company.
exciting environment, well-meaning coworkers and mgmt
low pay, no breaks, confusing instructions
GET IN AMAZING SHAPE WITH
THE FUN & EXCITING 30-MINUTE WORKOUT
9Round Delivers The Ultimate Body Transformation Program For All Fitness Levels
9Round is a specialized fitness center for people who want a unique, fun, and proven workout. 9Round offers a kickboxing themed fitness program that incorporates a functional, interval, cardiovascular, and circuit training regimens. The programs consist of a proprietary system of nine challenging workout stations developed by a World Champion Kickboxer.
Here's what you can expect:
- Show up at your convenience; there are no class times
- You're welcomed by a friendly, qualified trainer
- Trainer teaches you how to wrap your hands for support when punching
- Use heart rate training to stay in your target fat burning zone
- Trainer shows you how to do each exercise based on your fitness level
- Every three minutes, you move to the next exercise station
- After station nine, your 30-minute full-body workout is over
- Access to 9Round Nutritional Guidance
- Enjoy a new workout every day (workouts change daily)
What You'll Accomplish in 30 Minutes:
- Burn massive amounts of calories during your workout
- Burn calories for hours after your workout is complete
- Release toxins as you sweat
- Strengthen and tighten every muscle
- Boost your stamina and endurance
- Relieve stress
- Strengthen your heart
- Release feel-good endorphins
- Increase energy, improve sleep, and much more
Strength: Stations 1-2
You'll use dumb bells, kettle bells, medicine balls, jump ropes and other equipment to build strength and stamina. Our trainers help you at every station.
Kickbox Fitness: Stations 3-8
The real fun begins as you punch and kick heavy bags to build power, double end bags to increase coordination and timing, and speed bags to develop shoulder conditioning and speed.
Abs & Core: Station 9
You'll tighten and strengthen all the muscles in one of the most common trouble spots, your core, which improves your ability to perform any movement you do for work, exercise, or leisure.
Here's what you get with your membership
No Class Times
Show up on your schedule. A new circuit starts every three minutes. Time wasted: ZERO!
Max Results in Just 30 Minutes
Combines cardio and resistance training for a complete, full-body workout in 30 minutes.
Trainers are always there to guide, motivate and push you to get the most from every workout.
Online meal planner, plus videos and more to help you track your progress and get results.
Workouts Change Daily
Every day is a new workout, so your body is always challenged, and you never get bored.
PULSE™ Heart Rate Technology
Produces measurable results by helping you stay in your fat burning zone.
* At participating locations
Get Fit, Never Hit
Punch and kick bags, not people. Quickly and easily get in shape with the basic moves of kickboxing.
Gloves and Wraps
For support and comfort. Trainers teach you how to wrap your hands in no time.
The goal for each member is to complete 3 workouts per week.
GET MY FREE WORKOUT
Click the videos to learn more about 9Round and hear what members are saying
Rashad - 9Round Member - Kickboxing
Kristan - 9Round Member - Kickboxing
Kristi - 9Round Member - Kickboxing
Absolutely not. We love taking clients that have never worked out and getting them in the best shape of their lives. Our trainers will customize your workout to match your fitness level. Some members start by doing two or three rounds and work up to all nine.
No. In fact, we love teaching new members. That's our job. Our trainers will guide you every step of the way to ensure you are doing the techniques properly.
The first time you try the workout, we will let you borrow a pair of gloves. When you decide to join 9Round, you will get 9Round gloves and hand wraps for safety and support.
The hand wraps are designed to support the wrist, making everything one unit, like a cast. Also, the hand wrap will pad the knuckles and fill the space inside the glove, giving you a nice snug fit. Don't worry, our 9Round trainers will teach you how to wrap your hands in no time.
We have members that are in their 70s. Our trainers will customize the workout based on your fitness level. We like to keep you sweating and smiling at 9Round.
We recommend children be 12 years old to participate in the 9Round program, due to physical development and attention span. This is a great program that parents and children can do together. Families that kick together, stick together.
Yes, your first workout is always FREE. Give us a "test drive" and see if we are a good fit.
Like anything, you get out what you put in. If you work hard, you can burn a massive amount of calories in just 30 minutes.
Yes!! 9Round Nutrition will help you reach your fitness goals faster. The program is FREE with your membership.
We do not. In order to provide the lowest rates, we don't have the extra expense of showers and childcare. 9Round is only 30 minutes, so you can get on with your day.
GET MY FREE WORKOUT
Another minute and she was hammered into orgasm. I squeezed my legs, pushed Igor from the inside. All this time, my Ksyu stroked Dasha on the head and did not stop watching what Igor was doing to her.
Round workout 9
Scrotum itself to the head and back. It looks like she was already in full flow, pulling back, she unbuttoned her jeans, thrust her hand into her panties, and again began to dick. She grabbed the head with her teeth and began to drive her tongue over it, again caressing the bridle. I could no longer endure this sweet torture, I felt the testicles pressed against my penis and a wave began to roll over me.
I tried to move away from her, but Ira, indistinctly, but clearly mumbling in protest, clasped the head with her lips, stroking her penis with her hand.9Round 30-minute Upper Body Strength and Cardio Workout
Of course, I have to get up early. she took a deep breath and her face was lit by the light of the phone. Now I'll write to the little guy that I'll stay with you.
- Nice bmw for sale
- Guardian best films 2020
- Fridge in india
- Jeep floor drain plugs
- Budweiser clip art
- Dragon kim staten island
- Prayers for florida memes
- Discord voice bots
- Zev ultimate trigger review
- 2003 duramax tow mirrors
- Lamar jackson draft interview
- Tp link av600 troubleshooting
- Sunbelt rentals floor sander
Nina smells even stronger. We quickly took a taxi to my house. Nina came out with me, saying that she needed to breathe a little and take a walk before returning home.