In case you didn’t know, you are our forever Valentines. You are our numba one, the Head Bitches In Charge of our heart. We know all the weird obscure intimate details of each other's lives that only a BFF would care to know. Best friends bring out the best versions of who we are.
Love comes in many forms, and on this full mooned Feb. 14thremember that a BFF is just as good, if not better, than a BF on this day of devotion. A best friend will know exactly which hilarious Valentine meme will induce the most laughter and knows how much it means that you chose each other to spend the rest of your BFF-filled life with. It's not like every day is rosey and bright--none of us are always the easiest of compadres to get along with but a BFFL always knows just what to say to make the other half smile. You are all warrior princesses in our modern day wastelands and concrete jungles, and also the queens of our hearts. Happy Valentine’s Day, babes.
An Open Letter to My (Adult) BFF…on Valentine’s Day
February 14th is usually reserved for valentines such as lovers, spouses and significant others; but there is another relationship that should be recognized on this day of love: your best friend.
As an adult, your best friendship looks very different from when you were in high school, but it is just as, if not more, important to have this kind of love in your life. So, whether you are single, dating, married or widowed, take time this Valentine’s Day to remember one of your truest loves.
Dear Best Friend,
Today, and everyday, I want to thank you. Friendship has changed from when we were fifteen, but I value you now more than I ever have and I don’t think life would be the same without you. Here are a few of the many reasons why you are my BFF.
We no longer have sleepovers; but we cherish the hours we do have together. Back in High School, we could stay up all hours of the night eating, talking, laughing and being silly. Now, we are too tired for all that.
Whether it’s due to kids, work, or just life in general, anything past midnight is difficult; but the dinner dates, wine nights, or random hang outs that last just a few hours seem to be more precious.
The conversations are deeper and more meaningful. The advice is wiser and the life experience is more valid. So maybe we don’t spend a solid 24 hours together, but the hours hold much more weight.
We no longer obsess about drama;but we now obsess about each other’s successes. Back in the day, we were there to comfort each other through heartbreak, mean girls, and other drama that being young brings.
Although we will always be there for the hard times, adulthood brings exciting changes like job promotions, marriage, babies, and buying a home. And you will always be the first person I call to share that exciting news.
We no longer talk every night on the phone/by texting/on Instant Messenger, but we know no matter how long we go without talking that our friendship will remain strong. As a teenager, it felt like a friendship was contingent on how often you spoke or hung out. As adults, we have confidence that our friendship is solid.
Maybe it is because of all the things that we went through as pre-teens and teenagers, but I am thankful that you are not needy and that you understand that life is hectic. And also, that you know my hectic life does not mean that you don’t have room in it.
Although friendship is different now, I wouldn’t change it for anything. It’s mature, but still fun. I still laugh with you until I cry, I can still be myself in the good and bad times, and I still know that you are there no matter what.
I love that we have memories from being kids, but I value more the future this friendship holds. Happy Valentine’s Day BFF!
30+ Feel Good Valentine Messages for Friends
The most overlooked fact about Valentines Day is that its not just about romantic relationships.
Why shouldnt we celebrate love in all forms and shapes?
The love for your parents, siblings and of course your friend. Even if theyre spending Valentines Day with their better half, let them know that they hold a special place in your heart by sending them a Valentines Day card along with a small Valentines Day gift or a little bunch of romantic flowers.
It will be probably the last thing they would expect on Valentines Day!
30+ Valentine Messages for Friends
- Whoever said Valentines day is only for lovers? I love you my best friend! Happy Valentines day.
- You have been my friend through thick and thin. I cannot imagine life without you. I love you, my friend. Happy Valentines day.
- Even the most caring and loving partner cannot take the place of a good friend. Thanks for filling the gap in my life. Happy Valentines Day.
- Hope your day brings just what you want it to.
- Thanks for being the loyal and caring [friend] you are. Love you!
- Here’s to Valentine’s Day filled with good wine, good food and especially good friends like you.
- Happy Valentine’s to one of my favorite people. Ever.
- Boyfriends come and go, but friends are forever! Happy Valentines day!
- Valentine’s Day and every day, I’m grateful for you.
- Through this beautiful text message, I send happy valentine day messages for my friends and family and wish you have a beautiful celebration of the day of love. Have a superb valentine’s day.
- My friend, you deserve more beautiful love moments in this Valentine’s Day and I wish you celebrate the day lovely. I wish you a happy valentine’s day.
- You are my dear friend and I love you dearly with all my heart. I wish you a wonderful Valentine’s Day celebration and you get cherished moments of love.
- Hope he spoils you. You deserve it.
- Someday, our princes will come.
- Wish we could be together swapping chocolates and laughing over candy hearts like we used to.
- I’ll raise an awesome Valentine’s cocktail for you.
- I dont need the doctor, you are the medicine that brings happiness to my life. Happy Valentines day.
- I hope you feel loved and appreciated on Valentine’s Day. Because you are.
- Valentine’s Day is much more fun when I get to spend it with you.
- Friendship is all about understanding. It is all about forgiving. It is all about fighting and then finding it so hard to stay angry. Moreover, it is about loving unconditionally. Happy Valentines day my friend.
- You are a friend to me, a friend who I would never ever want to lose. I love you more than anything else in this world. Happy Valentines day.
- For my friends and family, I wish you a happy Valentine’s Day celebration and wish you get cherished love-filled moments on this special day of love.
- May you feel a wealth of love this Valentines Day.
- I feel loved this Valentines Day knowing that I have you as a friend.
- Youre my best friend and my best Valentine!
- Friendship is all about loving your friend. Dearest friend, you are my strongest pillar and greatest strength. Wishing Happy Valentine’s Day to you. Will love you always.
- Life is incomplete without a dear friend and you are the one who completes me. Sending you warm wishes on the occasion of Valentine’s Day my dear pal.
- Girlfriends come and go, but brothers are forever! Happy Valentines day!
- Thanks for being my friend and my Valentine this year!
- Sending warm feelings to a great friend this Valentines Day.
- Today my heart beats out for close friends like you who have been understanding, loyal and supportive, every step of the way. Happy Valentines Day!
- I cherish the time that we spend together and know that you are a great Valentine.
sources: bestmessage.org, and wishafriend.com
Lily Calyx is our in-house flower whisperer, an expert on all things botanical and an enthusiastic orchids collector. She loves discussing the insights of the secret world of flowers, shares her gardening tips and hacks and moons over the latest additions to Serenata Flowers flower range. Ask Lily anything about flowers and we can guarantee she will have the answer.
A Letter To My Best Friend On Valentine's Day
To my beautiful best friend,
Warning: This letter is about to get extremely cheesy. I am talking four-cheese lasagna cheesy. But no one deserves a love letter like this more than you do.
This Valentine's Day, I want to express my love for you. On this wondrous occasion with which most people express their love to their significant other, I want to tell you, my best friend, how much I cherish our friendship.
SEE ALSO: A Valentine's Day Love Letter To My Girl Best Friends
You are the ultimate love of my life. Boys have come and gone but you remain a constant; for that I am grateful. You have been there for me when my family could not be; for that I am grateful. You have been my backbone, my rock, and all those other clichés people use to describe the people they care about, and yet you have been so much more than that as well; for that I am grateful.
All my love this Valentine's Day goes out to you, my friend because you do not receive it enough. You have picked me up out of the dirt, brushed me off, and kissed my wounds more times than I can count, and I will never be able to thank you enough for that, but I am sure I am going to try.
Thank you for the midnight cries. Thank you for the midnight laughs. Thank you for ordering way too much food with me and still just eating it all. Thank you for the advice, both solicited and unsolicited. Thank you for telling me what I need to hear, even when it isn't what I want to hear. Thank you for the silly pictures. Thank you for the stupid inside jokes. Thank you for making bad decisions with me. Thank you for laughing with me and laughing at me. Thank you for the endless memories.SEE ALSO:An Open Letter to the Best Friend I've Ever Had
More than anything, I want you to know that I love you. I love you. You are the family I get to choose, the one I go to when I have nowhere else to turn. You are the one I know I can always run to, whether we saw each other yesterday or haven't seen each other in a year. You have played a part in molding who I am as a person, and I am so grateful for having such an amazing person affecting my life in such a positive way.
With all the love in my heart,Your friend
Friend valentines letter best
Valentine's Day Messages, Poems, and Quotes for Friends
Blake started out scribbling in cards over 30 years ago. Though his handwriting is mostly unchanged, the content has improved.
Why Wish a Friend a Happy Valentine's Day?
Valentine's day is the holiday of romantic love, but it's also a good time to acknowledge any important people in your life. Writing a Valentine's card for a friend a challenging but worthy task. Most cards are geared toward lovers. These ideas for friendship valentine's day wishes work for a different kind of love.
Think about the goal of your message. What would you like to get across with your words? You can use encouraging words for a single person. You may want to express gratitude for the good qualities of your friendship. Think about the qualities of the person you are writing toward, and include an inside joke to make your message really shine. This collection of messages, poems, and quotes will help you get started.
Messages for a Friend on Valentine's Day
These are concise examples of what to write in a message to a friend. If you are giving multiple Valentine's day cards, use a variety of messages so each is unique.
- I hope you enjoy Valentine's day as much as I enjoy having you as a friend.
- You have a wonderful heart, and for that reason, I'll always be your friend.
- Rose petals have thorns as their companions. I have you. It's good to have a friend like you looking out for me.
- You have at least one friend who loves having you around!
- Friends like you are rare and valuable. I don't know if I've told you that lately.
- I love having you as a friend!
- Having a supportive friend like you makes me feel special on any day of the year, not just on Valentine's Day.
- Thanks for being my friend and my Valentine this year!
- Sending warm feelings to a great friend this Valentine's Day.
- I want to let you know that I admire you for all of your many positive qualities, I love you despite your faults, and I am grateful to have you as my friend.
- You are my Valentine's Day ally. It's nice to have a good friend like you on my team.
- I just want to say thank you for being such a great friend for such a long time. Your loyalty is unfailing.
- Love comes in all different types. The love of a friend is a valuable treasure. I value our friendship and I'm grateful to have you.
- Valentine's day is a great day to let those you love know how special they are. I want to let you know that you are a special friend.
- May you feel a wealth of love today.
- I feel loved this Valentine's Day knowing that I have you as a friend.
- You're my best friend and my best Valentine!
- I know I never have to feel alone because I have you as a good friend.
- With friends like you, holidays become a reminder of reasons to be grateful.
- My life wouldn't be nearly as fun without you as a part of it. I hope you know how important you are to me.
- February 14th seems like just as good as any day to tell you that you're an amazing friend.
Valentine's Day Quotes for Friends
Sometimes quotes are great to use as messages for cards. Let someone else say what you want to say in a fun or witty way.
- Charles Schulz said "All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." I think friends like you are pretty important too.
- Lucretius said, "We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another." You, my friend, are definitely not an angel. You are my friend, though. Happy Valentine's Day.
- To quote Helen Keller, "I would rather walk with a friend in the dark than alone in the light."
- If I had a flower for every time I thought of youI could walk through my garden forever. Alfred Tennyson
- Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.
- Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery, by doubling our joys, and dividing our grief Marcus Tullius Cicero
Valentine's Day Poems for Friends
Using a poem for your friend can be a nice way to express your fond feelings and gratitude toward them. Here are a few examples of poems for friends. Use these for your a friend as they are or add another verse to customize.
"Since You're My Friend" Valentine's Day can be a special day When someone really cares about you So Valentine's Day is more than o.k. Since you're my friend and I'm yours too Blake Flannery "Laughing Along with You" A friend is someone you can count on To tell you what you need to hear A friend can give encouraging words To help you get over your fears Friends will stay right by your side Even when others give up on you Friends can laugh when you screw up But you'll be laughing along too Blake Flannery
Emma on February 15,
I have a boyfriend but for Valentines Day me and my best friend went as friends and she told my boyfriend that she was stealing me and that I was her valentine and he got mad
HappinessPeace&Love on February 13,
Omg, this helped me so much. Had to wake up really early since I forgot to do the cards. My friends are gonna love this!️
Morgan on February 13,
My best friend has to leave for a month after this sunny March and I really want to make a special for her but I dont know how shes like she said that she does speak things a lot but I dont know what it is and theres so much going on what should I do because I really want to do something really really special but I really just want us to be about her just can you please help me
alisa on January 30,
I have a boy friend should I kiss him or hug him cause we do kiss
Ally on January 28,
This year I wrote down all of the quotes from this and some other quotes that I found and insert the whole card Im pretty sure that my best friend is going to love this
Lilia on February 13,
These poems inspire me to always be by my friends side. Friends are those you should always look out.
warin jr on February 13,
It was a great post who helped me.
Stara on February 13,
Wow this is really good, it helps me a lot
ThisMayBeASkamSoNotMyRealName\Unknown on February 12,
this helped me so much I had to write 24 cards thank you for helping me out
Hi on February 12,
I think this is really helpful and even helpful for students like me!
Unknown on February 05,
Meh it wasn't very good
Ridoy starlord on November 09,
wow this is really a great post
Kathy on February 12,
This is a really good network that has helped me through so much.
Charlie Jennety on February 12,
Just what I needed to write my poems
Sara on February 08,
This was a big help to me writing v day cards,thank u
raju on February 13,
Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a teardrop.
Ashley on February 13,
This website helped me a lot
Evelyn on February 04,
I love this web site. My fave quote they have had for Valentine's Day is "If I had a flower for every time I thouhgt of you I could walk through my garden forever." After I heard that quote, I instently thought of my best friend.
Amanda from Michigan, United States on January 23,
Proof that Valentine's Day isn't just for romantic love.
Patricia Scott from North Central Florida on January 07,
Nice collection. I have just read love quotes by injured lamb and included a few of them on some cards I have made in my card making hub.
The Charlie Brown quote is adorable. Am bookmarking this to come back and refer to. thanks for sharing
Sending Angels to you and yours) ps
I wanted to write to you to tell you something.
Sometimes when you're venting to me about a mistake you made or how you can't find anything to wear that looks good on you, I'm baffled. I'm baffled because I don't see those things. You have these insecurities that I know about because we're best friends—but I don't see them.
To me, I see this incredible person who amazes me on a daily basis. Someone who is generous and kind and compassionate. I see a mother giving it her all—day in and day out. No matter what. And I just wanted to take a second to acknowledge what a gift you are. To me, and to your family.
To me, you are beautiful.
You say you've gained 10 pounds. You are extremely hard on yourself when you don't get to the gym because you're tired. You wish your belly was flat and hate the thought of putting a bathing suit on. You joke about getting a boob job one day because your breasts are deflated from nursing.
I don't see these things.
I see this strong body that has gone through pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding. I see your happy, sparkling eyes and healthy, shiny hair. I see how put together you always look—even in yoga pants and a t-shirt. I see someone whose heart is bigger than anyone else's. I see your beauty—inside and out.
To me, you are intelligent.
I often get texts from you way after the fact of my original text. I'll read something from you like, “My brain is mush! I'm sorry for the delay!" And I always say (and feel) that you should never apologize like that to me. Because I get it.
I don't believe these things.
Because you have great ideas! You can solve problems quickly. You have awesome suggestions and a wealth of great tips from everything on parenting to makeup to podcasts. You're articulate and creative. You're inquisitive and well-read. You are someone who is always learning, always growing, always looking to better yourself.
To me, you are strong.
You feel weak at times. Powerless because of the chaos that is raising little children. Worried sick, staying up at night wondering if you're doing anything right. You're so hard on yourself when something goes wrong. You feel overwhelmed, and sometimes, even like you're drowning. Drowning in 'stuff', in requests, in to-do's, in reminders, in tasks, in, well—motherhood.
But I see a multitasker.
Someone who can get all of the really important things done—and they may not always be perfect, they may not be always on time—but they get done. And they get done well. I see someone who takes time for themselves when they know they're beyond burnt out. You have inspired me to fill up my own cup many times. You're doing a lot right. And you should be proud of yourself.
To me, you are a fantastic mother.
There have been times that you've told me you feel like you're failing. Times you have flat out felt like a bad mom. Times where you've been vulnerable and confessed you had no idea what to do. That you're not prepared for some of these motherhood curve balls that are thrown out at us.
Well, to me, from the outside looking in—you are a really, really good mom.
You've got this thing down. You have beautiful, happy, kind, loving children. You are authentic. You are brave. You put your heart and soul into this role of 'mother' and if you ask me—you should wear that title like a badge of honor.
To me, you are a good friend.
You feel like you're boring, like you don't do anything interesting anymore. Like you're too tired to make plans and go out and do things friends do. You feel like you're not there for me as much as I need you to be, or that you want to be. But, the truth is, you're busy. You have a family to care for and they are your priority. Guess what, mama? I understand. I do, too.
You will always be my person.
You will always be the friend I can go to with anything—at any time. You will always make me laugh the hardest. No matter how long it's been since we've spoken on the phone or how many days have passed since we've texted or how many months it's been since I've gotten a real life in-person hug—our friendship will always be strong, loyal, and most important—real.
To me, you are enough.
More than enough. You may question yourself on a daily basis. Your confidence may be shaky at times. You may want to give up on those really crazy days. And you may not always believe in yourself.
But I just want to tell you. I wholeheartedly believe in you.
I respect you. I admire you. I'll always be here for you to vent to or troubleshoot with. And I'll always be here to lift you up and remind you just how amazing you really are.
So today, and all days, I hope that you can stop and take a minute to see yourself through my eyes. Because you are one heck of a woman. And I'm just glad I know you.
Want to show your BFF a little love and appreciation? We've got the 'just because' gifts that are sure to make her smile.
Bellocq no. 18, afghani chai tea
Honestly, who doesn't love a good cup of chai? She'll think of you every time she brews this tea and fills her home with the invigorating scents of green cardamom, star anise, ginger, and clove. Perfect for enjoyment at all hours of the day, and she'll thank you for helping her bring the coffee shop home. A bff indeed.
We independently select and share the products we love—and may receive a commission if you choose to buy. You've got this.
From Your Site Articles
Related Articles Around the Web
- Eanes isd skyward
- 1 red pepper calories
- 20 40 house plans
- Jenna sue design bathroom
- Best battery for tundra
- Pay wallet apk
- Used 2014 lexus
- Kenwood nx 5000
Yes, two minutes and we are there. You dont want to swim, Vika asked. I dont mind, but you asked Vera, turning to me. I shrugged my shoulders, because I didnt know if there were people there or not, and if there were a lot of people. Then its not that I wasnt wearing a swimsuit.